0jn6

Music Mondays: Kierra Sheard Shares Inspiring Message on Being Yourself

In a day and age where it is so easy to be in the know on what everyone else is doing, the desire to create an image based off of someone else’s life is becoming far too common. You see someone in a video or a magazine, adorned by millions and jet-setting all over the world, and it makes you wish that you had their life. Sometimes just seeing friends or coworkers making big moves every day via their stories and photos on Facebook and Twitter can cause you to crave a similar lifestyle for yourself.

While it is always good to aspire to make your life better, there is a big difference between admiring someone and allowing that admiration to inspire you, and wanting a certain lifestyle or profession solely for the popularity, glamour and glory. To put your own ideas and personality on the backburner to chase ‘pseudo-passions’ is the biggest mistake that anyone could ever make. Why not just be the YOU that you’re supposed to be?

The latest release “Lane” by Contemporary Gospel artist  Kierra Sheard is the perfect song about this type of behavior. She talks about how oftentimes when people chase a lifestyle that was not intended for them, it only leads to a path full of delays and disappointment; and how it is so much more productive to apply your efforts and energy towards the dreams and talents that you have been gifted with. When you do so, your gift will make room for you in such a way that there will be no need to yearn for the life of others, and you will have the success that was destined just for you.

Everybody wanna be rich and be famous

Rocking on a guitar

–But what if that ain’t your lane??

Just be you…

When you stay true to yourself, operate in your own passions and as the song says, “stay in your lane”, you create a life that is more fulfilling and joyful than any amount of fighting to duplicate someone else’s life could ever create for you.  The things that you want to do in your life  may not be what everyone else is doing, and people may not understand it, but don’t ever let that discourage you.

Remember:  there are enough ‘copy-cats’ in the world right now—why add to the number?

If it is not meant for you, why try to Do it? Be it? Have it? Stay in your lane and just be YOU! :)

Enjoy today’s Music Monday’s selection:  ”Lane” by Kierra Sheard

Have a song that would be perfect for Music Mondays? Share below or tell me about it at:  melisasource@yahoo.com.

Makeba Giles is the author and creative director of MELISASource.com, an inspirational blog featuring articles of motivation and empowerment inspired by current events and real life.
10 Comments on this post.

CommentLuv badge

• Lazavia Normal
    1 March 2012 at 10:59 am - Reply

I like your blog!! You have a lot of great music. Your music sound very good to me. You are very talent with music.

• MELISASource
      2 March 2012 at 1:17 am - Reply

Greetings: I am glad that you enjoy the Music Mondays selections and that they are inspiring to you! ~Thank you so much for your kind words and I appreciate you commenting! :)

• WilmaJean
    10 November 2011 at 4:38 am - Reply

Your post couldn’t have come at a better time for me to read it. Thank you for this message, be sure to retweet it from time to time. Other people who come across it will appreciate it, I am sure.

• MELISASource
      16 November 2011 at 11:50 am - Reply

Greetings–and welcome!

My sincere apologies for the delay in response. I’m so glad that this post was inspiring to you! I will definitely retweet it from time to time. I love the message in this song as well and oftentimes need to be reminded myself too! ~Thank you so much for commenting! :)

• The Cubicle Chick
    1 November 2011 at 10:45 pm - Reply

Very good message. Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side BUT you never know what a person is truly is going through. Being the best YOU that YOU can be is the best way to live, IMO.

Great post!
    The Cubicle Chick latest inspiration..Moving Into a New Home Means One Thing: Redecorating!My Profile

• MELISASource
      1 November 2011 at 11:28 am - Reply

Greetings: Thank you! :) Yes I agree with you totally: like the saying goes, “the grass may be greener, but the water bill is higher. too”–The cost may be too much to endure in that other lane! Making an absolute best effort to be our best selves is the only way to go–it is so much more rewarding in the long run! I’m glad that you enjoyed the song! ~Thank you so much for commenting! :)

• Deeone
    31 October 2011 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Wow, Melisa! We are definitely in tune with one another. I had a post in my last blog that I called “Stay in your Lane, Boo”. I may have to add it to my Early Releases portion of my blog to let you read it. It’s right in line with what you’ve written here, today. Loved this post!

I strive daily to remain true to “me”. It’s the only individual that I can ever possibly perfect, and I even have difficulties perfecting “me”. So I can’t for the life of me see why some people feel the need to be someone else.

Something that I have always kept in mind and told myself when looking at what someone else has or has become is this, “You don’t know what it took for them to get whatever it is you think they have, nor do you know what it is taking for them to keep what they’ve gotten.”

Priceless post, my friend! It’s certainly one that is worth the reminder. Thanks for sharing it and the video. :)
    Deeone latest inspiration..Actions SpeakMy Profile

• MELISASource
      31 October 2011 at 10:56 pm - Reply

Greetings: I love your comment Deeone! You made an excellent point about not knowing how a person got to where they currently are or what they have to go through to stay in their position. I once heard someone say, “Don’t envy the glory if you don’t know the story.” I love this saying because like you said, it is so true: people have no idea of a person’s ‘backstory’ and chase after a life that they don’t know the cost of. Therefore it’s best to just focus on our own ‘stories’ and work diligently to craft them into something uniquely wonderful! I look forward to reading your post about this topic as well! ~I truly appreciate your compliment and thank you so much for commenting! :)

• melistar
    31 October 2011 at 1:19 pm - Reply

Good Point! Everybody should just “Do you, boo!” Good post!

• MELISASource
      31 October 2011 at 3:31 pm - Reply

Greetings: Thank you! ~I appreciate you commenting! :)

The Busy Mom TV: MELISASource.com

Watch More from The Busy Mom...