The news is hot right now for actress Megan Good. She has a new leading role on NBC in the network’s newest drama “
Long before news broke of the two’s pairing, I was well familiar with DeVon. Having served as Executive Producer for one of my favorite movies “The Karate Kid,” I did some background research on the film and found DeVon’s name at the helm. I wanted to see what he was all about.
Shortly thereafter I discovered that he is not only Vice President of Productions for Columbia Pictures(Sony), but also a preacher, a motivational speaker, and an author. His book, “Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self” was published in summer of 2012, and after learning about him and reading the book’s description, I decided to check it out for myself.
Produced by Faith is a great read for anyone who is looking for guidance with “the other side” of gaining and maintaining success. Using the processes of Hollywood movies, DeVon takes principles of business and shows how that can be applied to faith, and life, personal pursuit of success.
The book’s fourteen chapters take the reader through the entire journey of film-making—everything from finding ‘the big idea’ to ‘agreeing on the budget’ to ‘the sequel’ is covered.
DeVon backs every one of his concepts up with examples, and asks thought-provoking question at the end of each chapter such as:
- What is the moral premise at the center of your work?
- What do you want your impact on others to be?
- What are you doing to overcome your fear of pursuing the career of your dreams?
I also noticed that there were 2 main themes in the book:
Strive for a “work-spirit” Balance vs. a “work-life” Balance
On this subject, he shares:
- Ways to be consistent in the things you need to do to nurture/edify your inner being and spirit
- The need to trust the Divine schedule, timing, and alignment for our life’s success
- How to use downtime to polish yourself, “prepare for your role,” and build your self-development
- Tips on being patient while waiting for the “production” of our journey to success to come into fruition
Exercise the Principles of Self-Disciple and Self-Awareness:
On this subject, he shares:
- How to be in tune with the Divine purpose and plan for your life
- The importance of putting quality first and embracing your true self
- How to prepare for life’s “Green Light,” taking risks, and changing course
- Ways to keep perspective while on the road to real success
DeVon Franklin’s “Produced By Faith” is a very good and pleasantly knowledgeable read. His style of writing/speaking makes it easy to connect with the concepts he shares throughout the chapters. In my opinion, the book is almost like a guide—a blueprint for the mind and spirit. The information and strategies can not only help you, but also keep you balanced along your path to success.
You can find out more about “Produced by Faith: Enjoy Real Success without Losing Your True Self” by clicking >>Here<< or the ‘Recommends’ box to the right.