Latest posts by Makeba Giles (see all)
- Bring These Top 2017 Kitchen and Bathroom Trends to Life in Your Home with the Help of Kohler’s New Online Design Service - March 27, 2017
- Disney Cruise Line Offers Families a Chance to See the World and Explore Magnificent New Destinations in Summer 2018 - March 27, 2017
- Want the Best Educational Resource for Your Child? Consider College Preparatory Schools - March 26, 2017
A few weeks ago I shared about a wonderful fashion and domestic violence awareness night event hosted by Verizon in partnership with Laurie Solet that I had the pleasure of attending in support of the HopeLine® from Verizon program.
HopeLine® from Verizon Wireless helps support victims and survivors of domestic violence while ensuring that phones are reused in an environmentally responsible way. People can donate no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries and accessories from any carrier in any condition, at HopeLine collection bins at Verizon retailers nationwide. The items are then refurbished, with generated proceeds donated in the form of grants to non-profit domestic violence prevention organizations across the country. However, it doesn’t stop there – HopeLine also provides new phones – complete with 3,000 minutes of wireless and text-messaging service – to domestic violence agencies or government and law enforcement agencies for use with their domestic violence clients.
I also shared how in conjunction with Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Verizon is featuring several of their top-selling products for purchase in a special line-up exclusively for October. All of the items are purple, and are packaged with the HopeLine logo along with messaging about domestic violence prevention. For every purple product purchased during October, Verizon – through its HopeLine® program – will make a $3 donation to Camp HOPE America, which helps victims and their children gain access to valuable services to help them heal, survive, and thrive.
I am excited to announce that to close out Domestic Violence Awareness Month, I am hosting a giveaway for a HopeLine® from Verizon prize pack! One (1) Lucky winner will receive the following:
The LG TonePro premium wireless headset
- Magnetic ear buds – ear buds and wires remain secure when Not in use
- Contoured for comfort design – lightweight Around-the-Neck wearing style
- Quad-Layer speaker technology – balanced audio and less distortion
- Dual MEMS microphones – maintain exceptionally clear voice calls
Mophie Powerstation 6000
- 6000mAh rechargeable power capacity
- Provides up to four complete battery charges for most smart phone devices.
- Ability to charge two devices at once.
To enter, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following words: “HopeLine -I Want To Win” in the subject line. The winner will be notified on Monday 10/31/2016. Good Luck!hopeline
I stand with HopeLine from Verizon to continue to raise awareness efforts for domestic violence. Let’s do our part to stand up for survivors and the organizations that serve them to make a difference.
You can take action against domestic violence in two simple ways: by dropping off no-longer-used wireless phones, batteries, chargers and accessories from any service provider at any Verizon store, or purchasing any purple product from the HopeLine from Verizon accessory line during the month of October. Visit www.verizon.com/about/hopeline to learn more.
If you or someone you know needs immediate assistance, call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799 SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by Verizon Wireless.